This course has been approved for 12 ACHENA hours in category 1!
Free Bonus Session
An Intro to Homeopathy & Rheumatology with John Millar
Join Dr. Millar for an overview of his upcoming course on Homeopathy & Rheumatology. All homeopaths will do well to invest in this ‘Successful Joint Venture!’
As bipeds, our ability to walk upright and use our hands has given us a tremendous evolutionary advantage. But what good is it if those same joints that allow such flexibility are riddled with inflammation and wracked with pain? When disease manifests in our musculoskeletal system, the negative impact on quality of life can be tremendous. In this course, Dr. John Millar will demonstrate how homeopathy can return these patients to a pain-free life. Two related conditions, Plantar Fasciitis and Fibromyalgia, provide particularly rewarding cures, since allopathic medicine doesn’t seem to effectively resolve these conditions. These patients often seek help outside the realm of standard medicine, and frequently find relief with homeopathy.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, arthritis is the leading cause of work-related disability and about 25% of all adults suffer some form of it. Rheumatology is the study of the more than 100 diseases of the joints, muscles, connective tissues, and ligaments that are included in the term “arthritis.” In this series of six, two-hour sessions, Dr. John Millar will share cured cases to demonstrate which remedies most effectively treat these conditions. Bringing his knowledge, skills, and experience to bear, he will show how he unlocked some of his most difficult arthritis cases through the use of tissue affinity, the pathological process, and examination of the strange, rare, and peculiar rubrics. Chronic underlying miasms will also be discussed, since the various miasms must be examined in order to refine remedy selections.
Sessions will include:
- Post-traumatic and surgical cases: Discover the remedies that go beyond Arnica montana, Rhus toxicodendron and Ruta gravaleons, and learn how to deal with the obstacles created by pharmaceutical interventions.
- Osteoarthritis: Often related to the bone loss of old age, this most common type of arthritis can surprisingly affect younger people too. Related conditions like osteoporosis will also be discussed.
- Gout: We could spend the entire course on gout since there are over 300 remedies for it (with about 60 specific to the gouty diathesis). The assumption is that gout is caused by errors in diet, but Dr. Millar has had more cases of gout unrelated to diet than those where a connection to diet was clear.
- Plantar Fasciitis and Fibromyalgia: Diving into the more rheumatic conditions, learn how the liver, gallbladder, and hormone-related remedies — as well as the magnesium salts — have proven to help these difficult-to-cure diseases.
- Psoriatic Arthritis: Related to a dysfunction of the immune system, this condition is a possible extension of psoriasis and represents an underlying miasmatic complication. The remedies learned will reflect this connection.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and related conditions: These diseases have an immune system component and are associated with the gene variant HLA-DR4, which also suggests a possible miasmatic connection. To learn how this disabling and deforming disease can be reversed will truly amaze!
This course will increase your knowledge of materia medica, enhance your understanding of miasmatic theory, and help you find solutions for your arthritis cases. All homeopaths will encounter these prevalent diseases, but don’t let the arthritis cases put your nose out of joint! Instead, learn Dr. Millar’s strategies for finding the remedies that have proven to most effectively alleviate musculoskeletal pain.
About John Millar
Dr. John Millar received his Bachelors Degree in Experimental Psychology from Trent University in 1978. After a few years as a teacher and musician, he attended one year of pre-med studies at the University of Waterloo, and then on to the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine, where he graduated in 1988 with a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine degree. From that point forward, he has studied homoeopathy throughout the world with the likes of André Saine, Jeremy Sherr, Vassilis Ghegas, Rajan Sankaran, and others, receiving his DHANP in 1999.
Regular price: $400
SALE Price: $225
Refund Policy: No refunds issued for WHN courses
If you are having technical issues with PayPal and need help enrolling,
please contact the Course Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org,
888-722-5423 (Pacific time).
Your registration includes:
- A multimedia presentation with simultaneous computer and audio conferencing.
- Optional online discussion forum with other course participants.
- Online review and self-assessment quiz for the live sessions.
- Documentation of 13 Homeopathic Education Hours.
- Access to our WHN Course website.
- High-quality PowerPoint presentations.
- Case assignments and repertorizations may be posted at the discretion of the instructor.
Discs WILL NOT be produced for this course.
You do not need to participate live to receive the full benefit from these sessions. All sessions will be recorded and posted on the private course website for review at your convenience.
*To receive Verification of Attendance: You must watch the live or recorded sessions, and complete all quizzes with a score of 80% or better. Please be sure to print and safeguard your letter at the conclusion of the course.
For More Information - or to register offline:
or call 888-722-5423 (pacific time)
Praise for Dr. Millar
I just want to say that Dr. Millar is a tremendous teacher in this webinar format. He brings ready access to multiple sources and approaches to homeopathy and is relaxed and helpful about people’s questions. And pleasant and lots of fun to listen to/watch. It feels immediate even though I am doing it by video from thousands of miles away.
I’m not writing this as something to go into a blurb for his courses, but to say that if he tolerates this format well enough to keep doing it, course after course, that would be tremendous news.
— Sarah D.
Dr. Millar was a superb teacher and had good organization and content . . . His experience and breadth of knowledge kept me engaged the entire time.
— Gloria St John
I just want to thank everyone involved and especially Dr. Millar for these excellent classes! I am not available Thursday evenings, and have been enjoying listening to the classes later and at a slower pace. I look forward to more.
Learning is a lifelong journey. I have been blessed with wonderful teachers in my life.....but every now and then you encounter one who does more than teach......one who inspires you to think beyond the curriculum and draw from perhaps dusty corners of your mind. John Millar is such a teacher. In his classroom, the subject matter becomes alive, meaningful and relevant.... and fascinating! The power of Classical Homeopathy is revealed in all its healing beauty and the student is changed forever - no longer able to think in limited ways - but instead enriched with sound knowledge, wisdom, creativity and compassion.
— Catherine Elliott
John’s teaching has always made Homeopathy tangible and exciting. John has so much incredible information to share and is always encouraging his students to continue learning. I frequently look back on my notes from John’s classes and am always thankful to have had him as a teacher.
— Vanessa Pizzicarola
John Millar is indeed a clinical pearl and gold mine and treasure. Thanks for exposing his knowledge and talents to us. Please could we have more of him?
The webinar was so very helpful and I now have a very thorough and comprehensive set of notes on the GI tract. I really appreciate the amount of work that Dr. Millar put into his presentations. He has a very lovely teaching manner.
Thank you for another wonderful course. Dr. Millar is certainly now one of your treasures. He has instantly become one of my favorite teachers. I certainly hope you can entice him back to teach another course for you. I really enjoyed how free he was with his vast knowledge, not to mention how friendly and relaxed his demeanor was. I would certainly sign up for another course taught by Dr. Millar!
— Piers R. Wander
John has been an outstanding faculty member and well-loved by his students. He brings a high level of professionalism and excellence to his teaching. His clinical experience provides a richness and quality that his students highly value. He has a wonderful sense of humor that he brings to his work.
— Todd Rowe, MD, MD(H), CCH, DHt American Medical College of Homeopathy
I'd love a course on endocrinology. . . . Whole Lotta Nerve 1 & 2 have been great!
— Pam M.
I really like to learn how the remedy is chosen and followed through and your clinical experience with remedies that seem effective most often.
— Lakshmi S.
I also am interested in everything and anything Dr. John wants to teach -:)
— Annalisa P.
Wonderful, more courses please. Endocrinology would be excellent. . . . Thanks again, John, for your excellent courses!
— Darcelle R.
A Successful Joint Venture: Homeopathy and Rheumatology is another in WholeHealthNow's ongoing At-Home Learning Series, offering high-quality, affordable homoeopathic education.