The initial prescription could be compared very much to the opening drive in a game of golf.
We have our rare holes-in-one; but the mark of a proficient practitioner is not so much measured by these rare successes, as it is by the art of proceeding along from there, of following the patient down the path toward cure. Which involves:
- knowing what to do
- knowing what not to do
- understanding when to do or not to do it
SNEAK PEEK INTRO
Seasoned practitioner and experienced case supervisor Dr. Will Taylor demonstrates how this course will help you navigate a successful course of treatment.
Click here to see
and perhaps most importantly, being able to discern
- what has occurred,
- where we are now,
- and what needs to occur next.
- Assessing Remedy Action in the followup setting
- Understanding and Working with Aggravations
- The "First Followup Phenomenon"
- Simillimum or Kind-of-Close-icum ? - identification in retrospect
- Understanding Cure, Palliation, and Suppression
- Directions of Cure; what did Hering really say, and where do we go from there?
- Management of Old Symptoms Returning
- Repeating the remedy; dose and potency considerations
- Single-dose and Repetitive dosing strategies - including management of the LM potencies
- Following up on the close-enoughicum; when the initial prescription was close but not close enough
- Working with One-sided / Defective cases
- Special Considerations for the Sensitive Patient
- The Second Prescription
- Remedies that Follow
- Working with Acutes in the chronic case
- Recognizing and working with Obstacles to Cure
- Polypharmacy and Multiple Medical Interventions - if, when, how, &` it happens whether we intend it to or not
Accompanying MaterialsRecommended reading list
What is more beautiful to look upon than the bud during its hourly changes to the rose in its bloom ... The return symptom-image unfolds the knowledge by which we know whether the first prescription was the specific or the palliative, i. e., we may know whether the remedy was deep enough to cure all the deranged vital wrong or simply a superficially acting remedy, capable of only a temporary effect. The many things learned by the action of the first remedy determine the kind of demand made upon the physician for the second prescription.
James Tyler Kent, Lecture on the Second Prescription, 1888
About Dr. Taylor
"My goal is to help you develop specific skills in casework and materia medica study - grounded in traditional homeopathic philosophy - which you can apply productively in every-day practice."
Dr. Will Taylor, a research scientist, medical doctor and naturalist, will bring nearly three decades of clinical experience to this invaluable look at long term case management.
Principles of Case Management
Course on CD & DVD
Reg. $400 SALE $225
MP3 Files may not play on CD players
which are not specifically MP3 compatible.
All Sales Are Final
Online Only Registration
Reg.$400 SALE $225
When you register online, DVDs can be optionally purchased for $85 - More Info
Want Online Access and DVDs?
If you are interested in accessing the course online (which grants Homeopathic Education Hours), as well as having a DVD copy of the course (which lasts for years to come), we have a special option for you.
Once you are enrolled in the online portion of a course, check the course page. At the bottom of the page is a link to buy the DVDs at the special price of $85.
Please note: DVDs not available for all courses
Note: The price you see when you register, is the price you will be charged.
Refund Policy: No refunds issued for WHN courses
If you are having technical issues with PayPal and need help enrolling,
please contact the Course Coordinator at: email@example.com,
707-825-0545 (pacific time).
Your registration includes:
- 6 months access to the course recordings, downloadable handouts, quizzes and letter of attendance.
- A multimedia presentation to view on your computer.
- Online review and self-assessment quizzes for each session.
- Documentation of Homeopathic Education Hours* - The full completion of this course provides 12 hours of Homeopathic Education.
- Access to our WHN Course website.
- High-quality PowerPoint presentations.
- Case assignments and Repertorizations.
*To receive Homeopathic Education Hours: You must watch the recorded sessions, and complete all quizzes with a score of 80% or better within 6 months of your enrollment in the course. After this 6-month period, the quizzes and Letter of Verification may no longer be available. Please be sure to print and safeguard your Letter at the conclusion of the course. Partial course credit is not given for WHN courses.
For More Information - or to register offline:
or call 707-825-0545 (pacific time)
Praise for Dr. Taylor
Gotta give this class a Five Star review. I think that this class will become The Standard for practitioners searching for guidance with the second prescription and case management. What is unique about this course is that a beginner will improve their prescribing skills immensely, and the experienced practitioner will see insights and ideas which will certainly elevate their success in everyday practice. Definitely a series of lectures from which any person practicing homeopathy will benefit tremendously.
— Alan Feldman
Gotta agree Alan - 5 kernels of popcorn out of 5 :) - definitely seeing the elevated success in everyday practice as you say!! Thanks to Will, along with Melissa and all the people working in the background, for another fantastic course!
— Heather Hawthorne
I adore Will's presentation style, have had him several times as a teacher at the school I attended. I appreciate his sense of humour and movie quotes. I will listen to him anytime. If I could afford to take all his online classes, I would.
Please tell Will Taylor that I thoroughly enjoyed his course and he is a fantastic teacher. He has such an easy going manner, very in depth knowledge, humor and clear teaching that it is pure pleasure to hear him.
Principles of Case Management is another in WholeHealthNow's ongoing At-Home Learning Series, offering high-quality, affordable homeopathic education.