A 100 hour course with popular teacher Will Taylor, MD.
Now accepting online enrollment
This course is designed from the perspective of the homeopathic practitioner … with a focus on the discovery of how anatomical, physiologic and pathologic observations can effectively inform our daily practice of homeopathy.
At every juncture, materials are presented in the context of homeopathic practice; investigating the organ and tissue affinities of remedies with case examples, detailing how our homeopathic approaches to observation of the organism can help us to understand the nature of the disease process and effectively inform pathology.
Who should take this course?
- Those who wish to complete the Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology pre-requisites for CHC certification;
- Those who wish to attend the Academy of Homeopathic Studies online homeopathic training program. This is the required basic medical sciences portion of the curriculum;
- Any student or practitioner of homeopathy wishing to expand their appreciation of the organism in health and disease.
This 100 hour course is presented in 5 modules of 10 weeks each. Modules may be purchased and taken separately, but must be taken sequentially, as content builds upon previous modules.
Each module includes:
20 live contact hours (10 2-hour recorded (live) sessions)
60 hours individual study time (6 hours of self-guided study per session)
The course may be attended by participating in the pre-recorded, self-paced modules. With a total 100 hours of direct online instruction in live Webinar sessions*, supplemented by an additional 300 hours of guided Online and Offline self-paced study, this course is designed to exceed the Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology requirements prerequisite for CHC certification.
(*All webinar sessions are available as streaming video on our course support site for review by participants at their convenience).
*To receive Homeopathic Education Hours: You must watch the recorded sessions, and complete all quizzes with a score of 80% or better within your 4 years access to this course. Please be sure to print and safeguard your Letter Of Attendance at the conclusion of the course. Partial course credit is not given for WHN courses.
Your participation requires:
10 2-hour pre-recorded webinar sessions
An estimated 6 hours / week of guided self-paced study, including:
- reading in assigned texts & online references
- online quiz completion
- online forum discussion
occasional learning-based assignments
- An introduction to the medical sciences
- Historical perspectives on medical science - humoral theory, materia pecans, the healing power of nature, nutrition; the medical systems of Hippocrates, Sydenham, Boerhaave, Brown, Hufeland; the births of homeopathy and of contemporary “conventional” medicine in the context of the age of enlightenment and the scientific revolution
- Mechanism, reductionism, Cartesian dualism, animism, vitalism, and dynamism in historical & contemporary perspective
- A complex systems perspective on medicine
- Realms/levels of study of the organism - anatomy, histology, cellular biology, physiology, biological chemistry, behavior, psychology
- A review of classical anatomy; its roles in initiation of the health professional, and in informing effective therapeutic means
- A study of the major organ system, tissues, and physiologic processes in health & disease
- Understanding contemporary medical investigations - radiology, endoscopy, ECG, laboratory testing - what they can tell us, what their limitations are in clinical practice
- Mind/body dualism; the effect of dualism on contemporary medicine; Hahnemann's perspective; and a proposed reconciliation
- The classification and naming of disease; nosological systems past & present; pathological systems of classification; advantages and misadventures in disease naming and classification
- Infectious disease - germ theory examined historically, in contemporary conventional practice, and in the context of complex systems theory; Hahnemann's perspective and implications for homeopathic practice
- Zoonoses and the cultural history and origins of infectious disease; implications for the study of emerging disease
- Genetics, heredity, and the evolving field of epigenetics
- Health & disease of the mind; the impact of Cartesian dualism and post-Cartesian solutions
All sessions are posted on our course website and available for review at your convenience.
Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology for the Homeopathic Practitioner
A complete 100 hour course presented in Five 10-week modules.
Individual 10-week Module
Full Series - All Five Modules
The Course has started but you can still join!
All sessions are posted for viewing at your leisure.
If you're not sure whether you'd like to commit to the entire course ~
Pay $300 for the first Module, and give it a try. You may still take advantage of the 'Series Price' and purchase the remaining Modules (#2 – 5) for $1100.
Modules must be taken sequentially.
NO DISCS WILL BE PRODUCED FOR THIS COURSE.
Kapit, Macey & Meisami, The Physiology Coloring Book, 2nd ed.; isbn-13: 978-0321832016 (although “coloring book” might imply a primitive level of coverage, these extremely serious and thorough texts are heavily researched, and are widely used in conventional medical curricula).
Additional text and online resources will be identified as the course progresses.
From the instructor, Dr. Will Taylor
It has been a great pleasure to put together this course on the medical sciences... the course I wish I’d had the opportunity to attend back when I first entered into my medical studies.
The “health sciences” are often taught divorced from homeopathic studies, in courses adopted from the conventional western medical perspective; or by revisioning conventional medical material within a generic “alternative” framework. It has often puzzled me that the study of the organism feels to many homeopaths to be somehow outside the domain of our profession, something we might occasionally “borrow” from conventional practice.
This course is boots-up, hat-down designed from the perspective of the homeopathic practitioner, with the understanding that the human body is fully properly the domain of our art and science.
This is not some dried-out ‘the fibula articulates proximally with the lateral epicondyle of the tibia and terminates distally in the lateral malleolus’ kind of course. We will learn the anatomy. But my mentor in medical school - Larry Weed, the originator of the “SOAP note” and the “problem-oriented record” - emphasized that we should memorize nothing deliberately in our four years of medical school; but focus instead on learning our resources, such that we end up unwittingly memorizing those things we have found the need to look up 30 times or more; but more importantly, knowing where to locate the information on those things less commonly encountered. Our focus, instead, will be on the discovery of how anatomical, physiologic and pathologic observations can effectively inform our daily practice of homeopathy.
We will devote some time to learning how we have come to regard the life sciences as we do in contemporary society, from a historical perspective. This is essential knowledge. It is common to regard the march of progress as a progressive movement from primitive ideas to clarity of truth, but there is perhaps nowhere in science where this belief is as misleading, as within the medical sciences. In order to appreciate the nature of our current cultural beliefs and the limitations of current medical ‘understandings’, it is essential to be acquainted with the origins and progressions of our assumptions, beliefs, and models of understanding.
About the Instructor
Following undergraduate studies in biochemistry and graduate work in marine biology, Will Taylor graduated from the University of Vermont School of Medicine in 1983, and completed a residency in Family Medicine from 1983-1986 at St. Mary’s Hospital in Milwaukee Wisconsin, affiliated with the Medical College of Wisconsin.
He practiced family medicine, and worked in the fields of hospice and palliative care, occupational medicine, pain and disability, and biofeedback and applied psychophysiology, prior to his introduction and conversion to homeopathic medicine.
What others are saying about Dr. Taylor
I have been taking your webinars for over a year and I have thoroughly enjoyed studying homeopathy. Your teaching methods are extraordinary. You create so much enthusiasm in a student that is amazing. I am a Family physician in private practice in Houston for over 30 years, I practice homeopathy and I am a student of homeopathy. I am missing Thursday evening class already and looking forward to your future courses.
I am so delighted to have discovered Dr. Taylor as a teacher. He is among the best I have encountered. His depth of knowledge, understanding of disease, and humility make him a joy to learn with. He presents a high bar with his dedication to excellence, which inspires us to reach farther with our own professional development.
I appreciate Will's tremendous generosity with his time, energy & talent - the time he spends preparing, teaching & participating on the forum is mind boggling.
For all the superb behind-the-scenes organization by WHN - from reminder emails, to the registration process, the forum resources (discussion, recordings, handouts, quizzes, etc), CEU credit system, and of course moderating - THANK YOU!
Awesome Presentation! Will is a masterful teacher - among the best I have experienced, and I have seen many of the prominent teachers popular today.
It is appreciated to have the medical-allopathic take on the pathologies from you - which is a part of why I choose to study with you. (besides that I've long thought you are so interesting in a well rounded sort of way)
I adore Will's presentation style, have had him several times as a teacher at the school I attended. I appreciate his sense of humor and movie quotes. I will listen to him anytime.
Thanks so much for all the hard work from everyone to bring about these fantastic classes. Dr. Will is a wonderful teacher.
Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology is another in WholeHealthNow's ongoing At-Home Learning Series, offering high-quality, affordable homeopathic education.