This course presents homeopathic acute care from the perspective of a family physician with over 29 years of clinical experience, 19 of those dedicated to homeopathic practice in the primary care setting. Through a focus on those acute presentations that are most commonly encountered in primary care, this 16-hour recorded course covers all aspects of care in the acute homeopathic clinic. Cases involve complaints including acute middle ear infections, croup and upper respiratory infections, pertussis (whooping cough), urinary tract infections, acute diarrheas, acute physical trauma, and acute skin infections provide the context to examine philosophy and principles of practice, alongside related materia medica.
Other important aspects of the course include:
- How to recognize and work with the nature of acute disease; acute indispositions, true acute disease, and acute expressions of chronic disease
- The relationship of acute disease to chronic disease and the long-term management of health
- Case receiving in the acute setting
- Approaches to perceiving and organizing the totality (the true basis for any homeopathic prescription) in acute cases
- Prioritization of symptoms; understanding the meaning and significance of the symptoms of the disease vs. the symptoms of the patient
- Location and selection of rubrics in the Repertory
- Comparative materia medica in the context of common acute conditions
- Getting the lead out - efficiency in acute prescribing, without compromising good practice
- Posology - potency and repetition - in acute settings
- Practice management; how to provide acute care and still have a life
This course was designed for the practitioner who already has experience but wants to master new skills for acute cases. But students and even serious home prescribers can benefit from this detailed and comprehensive study of common acute complaints and their homeopathic solutions.
"My goal is to help you develop specific skills in casework
and materia medica study which you can apply productively in every-day practice."
Dr. Will Taylor is one of today's most engaging homeopathic teachers. He is a research scientist, medical doctor and naturalist. He encourages an in depth discussion of the classical homeopathic approach in materia medica study and case analysis.
Homeopathic Acute Care Part 1
Course on CD & DVD
Reg. $400 SALE $225
MP3 Files may not play on CD players
which are not specifically MP3 compatible.
All Sales Are Final
Online Only Registration
Reg. $400 SALE $225
When you register online, DVDs can be optionally purchased for $85 - More Info
Want Online Access and DVDs?
If you are interested in accessing the course online (which grants Homeopathic Education Hours), as well as having a DVD copy of the course (which lasts for years to come), we have a special option for you.
Once you are enrolled in the online portion of a course, check the course page. At the bottom of the page is a link to buy the DVDs at the special price of $85.
Please note: DVDs not available for all courses
Note: The price you see when you register, is the price you will be charged.
Refund Policy: No refunds issued for WHN courses
If you are having technical issues with PayPal and need help enrolling,
please contact the Course Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org,
888-722-5423 (pacific time).
Your registration includes:
- 6 months access to the course recordings, downloadable handouts, quizzes and letter of attendance.
- A multimedia presentation to view on your computer.
- Online review and self-assessment quizzes for each session.
- Documentation of Homeopathic Education Hours* - The full completion of this course provides 17 hours of Homeopathic Education.
- Access to our WHN Course website.
- High-quality PowerPoint presentations.
- Case assignments and Repertorizations.
*To receive Homeopathic Education Hours: You must watch the recorded sessions, and complete all quizzes with a score of 80% or better within 6 months of your enrollment in the course. After this 6-month period, the quizzes and Letter of Verification may no longer be available. Please be sure to print and safeguard your Letter at the conclusion of the course. Partial course credit is not given for WHN courses.
For More Information - or to register offline:
or call 888-722-5423 (pacific time)
Praise for recent WHN Courses
I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy these courses -- such a wonderful way to learn! Thank you so much for doing them.
— Betsy H.
Thank you for an informal and scholarly in-depth class. From your brilliant understanding of homeopathy theory and successful clinical practice, you taught us how to help others with homeopathy. Your wonderful way of teaching what you know to new students like me inspired me to commit to studying homeopathy more... Thank you, thank you, please continue inspiring more new homeopaths.
— Sai G.
Thank you for hosting such incredibly informative and valuable seminars for our homeopathic community. I appreciate your passion and dedication in providing high quality content for those of us who are not content with what we already know about homeopathy but value the opportunities to learn from such experienced colleagues.
— Jenny F.
Homeopathic Acute Care Part 1 is another in WholeHealthNow's ongoing At-Home Learning Series, offering high-quality, affordable homeopathic education.