Homeopathy in Practice
About WHN Books
WHN has partnered with Nature Reveals to bring you every author and every text at the best possible price.
Why should you purchase through WholeHealthNow and Nature Reveals? Your money goes to support homeopathy when you spend it with WHN.
WHN provides many free services to the homeopathic community ~ our website is a rich resource ~ with Introductory Information for the Student, Information for the Professional, our Historic Homeopathic Timeline, Homeopathy Around the World ~ a groundbreaking documentary, hundreds of hours of FreeCasts, and our reasonably priced Courses with World Class Instructors. Our commitment remains strong to support you in your study and practice of homeopathy, and we appreciate your patronage!
OverviewBorland offers detailed guidance on the observation of symptoms and the choice of remedies.
Symptom pictures of various important remedies are discussed and a comprehensive new symptom index is included.
208 pp pb
Beaconsfield Publishers, Ltd.
DetailsDr Douglas Borland presented the material in this book as a course to doctors at the London Homeopathic Hospital during the nineteen-thirties. Dr Kathleen Priestman, who attended the course at the beginning of her medical career, edited it for publication.
Dr Borland's homeopathic insight remains as fresh and important today as it ever was.
Wherever current medical practice has moved on since his day, notably in the availability of antibiotics and the development of modern surgical techniques, the text has been edited to take this into account.
From the BookWhat remedies should you keep for the emergencies of general practice?
How does the homeopath treat pain?
What can homeopathy offer for gastroenteritis or the common cold, or for virus infection in general?
How do you distinguish between the remedies?
Borland covers a wide variety of the complaints and disorders that are commonly seen in general practice, with detailed guidance on their treatment by homeopathy. He then studies a number of major groups of related remedies, analyzing the characteristics they have in common and those that differentiate between them.
Explanation of homeopathic terms,
Potency - Modalities - Constitution,
constitutional remedy or type.
HOMEOPATHY IN CLINICAL CONDITIONS
Injuries and Emergencies
Sprains and dislocations - Fractures - Head or spinal injury
- Small wounds and lacerations - Sepsis - Fainting
- Injuries to the eye - Acute otitis media - Acute neuralgias
- Post-herpetic neuralgias - Sciatica - Acute colic
Colds - Bronchitis - Pneumonia - Post-influenza complications
and sequelae - Laryngitis and tracheitis - Digestive sequelae
- Depression - Exhaustion
Acute cardiac failure
- Gradual cardiac failure with a tendency to dilatation
- Acute cardiac angina
The Gastrointestinal Tract
Dyspepsia - Gastroenteritis - Constipation - Hemorrhoids
Obstetrics and Some Gynecological Conditions
Obstetrics - Postpartum hemorrhage - Accidental miscarriages
- Idiopathic miscarriages - Septic miscarriages - Leucorrhoea
- Uterine infection - Leucorrhoea complicated by malignancy
Pre- and Post-Operative Treatment
Eyes - Throat and nose
- Abdomen, right upper quadrant, left upper quadrant
- Intestinal stasis - Sphincters - Colics
STUDIES AND COMPARISONS OF REMEDIES
The Kali Salts
- appearance, temperature and time reactions, respiratory,
- food, bladder, fibrositis, migraine
- personality, pathological conditions, epilepsy
- personality, mental, fears, temperature and time reactions,
character of pains, trigeminal neuralgia, respiratory,
food, bladder, fibrositis, migraine
- personality, skin, general reactions, headache,
respiratory, mouth, arthritis, sleep
The Natrum Salts
Natrum Mur. - Natrum Ars. - Natrum Carb.
- Natrum Phos. - Natrum Sulph.:
Personality, Temperature Reactions, Food Reactions,
Discharges, Tongue, Digestive Tract
Seventeen Important Remedies
Sulphur - Calcarea Carb. - Graphites - Thuja
- Psorinum - Causticum - Phosphorus - Nitric Acid
- Medorrhinum - Lachesis - Ferrum Met. - Lycopodium
- Arsenicum Alb. - Silica - Tuberculinum - Sarsaparilla
Comparison of Lilium Tig., Natrum Mur. and Sepia
Mentalities - General Reactions - Headache - Food - Abdominal - Sexual
The Use of Four Nosodes
Psorinum - Tuberculinum - Medorrhinum - Syphilinum